Furniture Bank of Tallahassee
The Furniture Bank of Tallahassee provides gently-used furniture free of charge to those in need and is the only free source of furniture in Leon County.
ECHO’s free furniture program has been a critical component of the wide range of services provided. Initially considered as one of several forms of assistance provided to our Emergency Resources Program clients, the Furniture Bank of Tallahassee (FBT) now operates as a standalone program in the ECHO suite of solutions and has recently established its own presence as an unduplicated resource in the community. From emergency cases of fire and flood destruction, to furnishing our Family Services Program and Rapid Rehousing clients’ homes as they move to permanent residences, FBT remains the only free source of furniture in Tallahassee. Housed in a centrally-located warehouse in Tallahassee, FBT also partners with our peer human services agencies to receive and distribute gently-used donated items through a collaborative referral network.
Through FBT, we serve:
- Families/Individuals recovering from flood or fire
- Formerly homeless clients moving into from transitional housing into their own home
- Families fostering or adopting through Florida Department of Children & Families who do not have required furniture
- Elderly/Disabled client requiring furniture for medical need or movement into long-term or assisted living housing
- Veterans in a rapid re-housing program
Would you like to donate some gently used furniture? Great! Click here to find out our most-needed furniture items. Please email Jon Hinkle or call 850-224-3246 ext. 205 to schedule a pick-up or a time for you to drop off your donation. All furniture donations are done by appointment only.
*Please note: ECHO cannot accept large appliances, computer or electronic equipment, baby furniture, children’s toys, or any items excessively soiled or in need of repair.